Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tokyo a gogo






















Well, this is the last post from Tokyo! It was hotter than hell here today- and very steamy! We will be leaving tomorow to stay overnight in Norita- to be closer to the airport for Saturday. As much as we've enjoyed every minute of our stay here, we are both (all three, but Ivy doesn't know if yet) ready to be home now. We love to travel, but there's no place like home either-- and I can't wait to settle Ivy into her room for the first time.
Today was a whirlwind of parts of Tokyo we hadn't visited yet-- Omotesando, Harajuku and Shibuya. We tested out Ivy on the subways-- she was fine- and actually seemed to enjoy it. She really was a trooper all day long- not a peep out of her except for one time just before lunch. Ivy really seems comfortable on the go-- it's almost like when we're at home (in the apartment) she gets bored and would rather be out and about!
Her outfit today sort of coordinated with mine- which was nice. I really mean to tell you- it's like she's got a fashion gene from someone (me I guess :) I can change her outfit 3 times in a row without complaint! And thought I brought a ton of onesies with me, I haven't actually put one on her yet.
We got all of our stuff packed up for travel... somehow we are bringing home more than we brought with me. One of my neighbors told me that we should put all of our clothes that we wanted to pack on the bed, and all of the money we wanted to take with us. She said pack only 1/2 of the clothes and double the money! So true! I did officially wear everything I brought with me- but Ivy only wore a fraction of what I brought for her. I'd have traded 2 or 3 of my outfits for a hoodie to wear at night in the room!!! We haven't really bought that much in the way of souvenirs- but they are taking up a lot of space!
Might have time for one more post tomorow from Norita, otherwise we will be back in California on Saturday! We miss everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels home Handshoe family of 3! Looks like you had a nice day, despite the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that first photo of you and Ivy. You look like a sweet young mother with her new love. Very innocent. (Not that you weren't already all that, it is just a pure emotion photo :)

    ReplyDelete