Friday, July 31, 2009

Last day!





























We really made the most of this last full day in Japan! We took the bus to Narita (where the airport is) and are staying at a hotel near the airport. Narita is a charming town with a really beautiful main shopping street -- lots of tiny shops selling interesting things! At the bottom of the hill is the Naritasan Temple- a very beautiful place that spoke to my heart. I took a zillion pictures of it! Ivy seemed peaceful on the grounds- it was very special. We bought a few final souvenirs and enjoyed a Japanese meal here at the hotel.
Would you believe I left my camera in the cab today? I got back to the hotel and discovered it was missing! Thankfully, we were able to track down the cab company and the kind driver brought it all the way back here to the hotel for me. I'm blown away by his kindness to take the time to return it to us! Well, the posts will become less frequent from home-- Roseville doesn't carry the same exotic flair that Japan does...

3 comments:

  1. Hold on to your time zones! Nahshon and I had a 41 hour Friday return trip. Congratulations on such an exciting adventure to adopt Miss Ivy. This may be the best coming home feeling yet. We look forward to more of her adorable photos on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we should have gone to Narita - seems beautiful and peaceful....I do want to go back someday to show Sakura her homeland, we will definitely make time for Narita while we are there!

    I hope that you have an uneventful flight and you are able to get some rest, it was a LONG trip and we were totally exhausted when we got home!!!

    ReplyDelete