Monday, August 17, 2009

It isn't easy to find the time to blog...






















While Ivy is truly a perfect child in every possible way, a small portion of her time is spent being fussy-- and that makes me tired at the end of a day....

I truly intend to update once a week going forward! So these pictures are not as exciting as the ones in Tokyo- but give you a glimpse into what we have been up to! Saturday we went for a bike ride with Ivy in the carrier-- it worked out great for her size- she is way too little to ride in the bike trailer we bought on craigs list last week. It was fun to be out getting some exercise! The picture of her in the chair features her wearing one of her Japanese Kimono outfits that had a laundry mishap the first time we washed it in Tokyo. I can't even remember what color it was to begin with- but now its kind of plum colored.

Chillin' in the stroller with her shades on... she is definitely a California girl. She will have to grow into the shades too- they kept falling off her face!

Sleeping in her bed with her squirrel pajamas on... she works her feet out of the bottom of those every time she wears them- I had to take a picture!
Asleep in her new high chair- it has owls on it! She will sit in it for a while... but still would prefer to be in my arms. I gotta cook dinner though... and she appears to like to watch re runs of Friends on tv like I do!
The last picutre is of a fantastic gift basket we got from our friend Sue in Georgia. I've never seen anything like it in my life! So girly and feminine! We enjoyed looking at every single thing- and immediately put her in the dress and went out to dinner. Thanks again Sue!!!! She could be on her way to being spoiled!
I just added one more picture in the stripes- out to dinner with Mom and Dad last week- super cute outfit- and we needed to balance the sleeping and awake pictures.
So... we all went back to work last week at the office. Ivy and I stick to an 8-11:30 schedule- but she gets to take naps! It's working out pretty well. Hold her in my lap, dad's lap, Brian's lap- feed her- change her, nap her, let her play with her play mat... hold her again... and then its time to go home! I've discovered that I really can do graphic design with Ivy on my lap-- who knew!
Sunday Brian left for his first business trip after getting Ivy. It's been interesting.... and not very easy. I'm up to the challenge, but I definitely miss him- and I think Ivy does already too! Doubly sad that Brian's gone this week, because he's turning 40 tomorow and we won't be with him to celebrate! We'll make up for it when he comes home on Thursday.
We've had lots of visitors this week... old friends, new friends and family- Ivy's a big draw in our house! I guess that's all that we've been up to...
Think it's bed time for this mama!








3 comments:

  1. Awww, I loved that Owl stuff at Target, it's SO cute! Ivy looks like she is growing already, it happens SO fast! I was laughing at the footie jammies, I was thinking that she must have outgrown the feet part and you just stuck her feet out because they're so cute! LOL! So sweet! Love seeing all of the Ivy pics, sounds like things are getting settled around there!

    Enjoy working with Ivy on your lap, it doesn't last long and she'll be grabbing papers and eating them :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and this is what life is all about, just biking and strolling and enjoying the every day things. I am very tired too at the end of the day, but I try to blog a few times a week. Send me an e-mail so I can invite you to my blog. I don't have your e-mail--carrie.brody@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. To making blog when you are mother of an child is not so easy.You have not enough time from taking care of child.If you can save time from this then it's really good and you can make blog.

    r4i software

    ReplyDelete